1. Collection of Information
2. Use of personal data
- Your privacy is important to us and we have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more information from you than is necessary for us to provide you with our services and to protect your account.
- Information including, but not limited to, user name, address, phone number, fax number and email address ("Registration Information") may be collected at the time of user registration on the Site.
- We do not store (in connection with any transaction and escrow service) any information regarding bank account numbers, billing, credit/debit card numbers and expiration dates, tracking information from cheques or money orders. All payments to our site are processed by 3rd party online processing services such as Paypal, or by direct bank transfers.
- We may record and retain details of users' activities on the Site. Information relating to such activities include, but are not limited to, the types and specifications of the goods, pricing and delivery information and any trade dispute records may be collected when sale and purchase transactions are conducted on or facilitated through the Site.
- We collect information about our users and prospective users during trade shows, industry events and other functions. The information we may collect at these locations may include, but is not limited to, user name, address, phone number, fax number and email address.
- We record and retain records of users' buying and browsing activities on our platform including but not limited to IP addresses, browsing patterns and buyer behavioural patterns. In addition, we gather statistical information about the Site and visitors to the Site including, but not limited to, IP addresses, browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions and unique visitors (using 3rd party software such as Google Analytics).
- We may ask from our "Standard" and "Premium" Members to provide certain documents that certify their existance (such as a valid tax registration certificate, as specified at the time of collection). In the event that users do not provide any or sufficient data marked as mandatory, we may not be able to complete the registration process or provide such users with our products or services.
If you provide any Personal Data to us, you are deemed to have authorised us to collect, retain and use that Personal Data for the following purposes:
3. Disclosure of personal data
- verifying your identity
- verifying your eligibility to register as a user of the Site
- processing your registration as a user, maintaining and managing your registration
- providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes
- to facilitate communication between buyers and sellers on the Site
- performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve the content and layout of the Site, to improve our product offerings and services and for marketing and promotional purposes
- subject to obtaining your consent under applicable laws, we may use your name, phone number, residential address, email address and fax number to provide notices, surveys, product alerts, communications and other marketing materials to you relating to goods and services offered by us on the Site
- if you voluntarily submit any information to the Site for publication on the Site through the publishing tools, including but not limited to, Company page, Directory, Trade ads and any other sections of the Site, then you are deemed to have given consent to the publication of such information on the Site
- making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or as required by law or in respect of any claims or potential claims brought against us
- You further agree that we may disclose and transfer your Personal Data to service providers engaged by us to assist us with providing you with our services (including but not limited to data entry, database management, promotions, products and services alerts, delivery services, payment extension services, and membership authentification and verification services) ("Service Providers"). These Service Providers are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only permitted to use your Personal Data in connection with the purposes specified above, and not for their own purposes (including direct marketing)
- You agree that we may disclose and transfer your Personal Data to other affiliated companies within the WoodAlert group, in connection with the purposes specified above
- We may also disclose and transfer your Personal Data when necessary, to our professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory or other organisations in connection with the purposes specified above
- Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by us and will be accessible by our employees, any Service Providers engaged by us and third parties
- All Voluntary Information may be made publicly available on the Site and therefore accessible by any internet user. Any Voluntary Information that you disclose to us becomes public information and you relinquish any proprietary rights (including but not limited to the rights of confidentiality and copyright) in such information. You should exercise caution when deciding to include personal or proprietary information in the Voluntary Information that you submit to us.
- We may provide statistical information to third parties, but when we do so, we do not provide personally-identifying information without your consent.
4. Right to access/correc personal data
Under applicable laws, you may have the right of access to personal information held by us and to request correction of the information, or correct it yourself via User Administration section.
In accordance with the applicable laws, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access or correction request.
A "cookie" is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie can be sent to your computer's hard drive only if you access the Site using a computer. If you do not de-activate or erase the cookie, each time you use the same computer to access the Site, our web servers will be notified of your visit to the Site and thus we may have knowledge of your visit and the pattern of your usage.
You can determine if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring the browser which is installed in the computer you are using to access the Site. If you choose, you can change those configurations. By setting your preferences in the browser, you can accept all cookies or you can choose to be notified when a cookie is sent or you can choose to reject all cookies. However, if you reject all cookies by choosing the cookie-disabling function in your browser, you may be required to re-enter information on the Site more often and certain features of the Site may be unavailable.
Google's use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
6. Legal age
The Site and its content does not target minors (those under the age of 18) and we do not intend to sell any of our products or services to minors. However, we have no way of distinguishing the age of individuals who access our Site. If a minor has provided us with personal information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact us in order to remove the information.
We employ commercially reasonable security methods to prevent unauthorised access to the Site, to maintain data accuracy and to ensure the correct use of the information we hold.
For registered users of the Site, your Registration Information and Account Information (if any) can be viewed and edited through your account, which is protected by a password. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Our personnel will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. If you share a computer with others, you should not choose to save your log-in information (e.g., user email and password) on that shared computer. Remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your session.
No data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect the information we hold for you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.